Charming 4 bedroom home in picturesque location, ideal for short breaks to the coast and the New Forest National Park
Sleeps: 8 Bedrooms: 4
At a Glance
- Charming coastal cottage in striking distance of beautiful New Forest
- 4 bedrooms: 1 queen, 1 double, 1 twin and 1 bunk-bed room
- Close to Hurst Castle
- Farmhouse style kitchen with Aga
Nestled in the heart of the village of Keyhaven, this home captures the true magic of life by the sea. Fabulously decorated throughout, the decor reflects the property's past as a former post office and its deep coastal routes.
At the heart of the home is a farmhouse style kitchen complete with Aga and wooden dining table (not to mention all the mod cons you could need). When you don't fancy being indoors, enjoy some al fresco dining in the beautifully colourful garden.
There are 4 bedrooms here at Wight House; 1 queen size bedroom, 1 double bedroom, 1 twin bedroom and 1 room with 2 bunkbeds - perfect for children. There are also 2 upstairs bathrooms (1 with shower, the other with bath) and a shower room downstairs.
At its heart, this is a family home and perfect for all ages, with plenty of local activities to entertain all interests.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
- 1 king size bedroom
- 1 queen size bedroom
- 1 bunk bed room with 2 bunks (while they are full size, the room would be best suited to 2 children than 2 adults)
- 1 single bedroom (this room can instead be used as a cot room)
- Upstairs is a large family bathroom with shower over bath
- Downstairs is a shower room
Cooking and Dining
- Spacious, fully equipped cottage style kitchen
- Dining table seating 8 guests
- Al fresco dining space on the patio in the gardens to the rear of the house
- No smoking anywhere inside the property
- Gatherings of above 8 guests are not permitted without special permission.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome, however the garden has easy access to the beach and mud and as such, there may be an additional cleaning charge for a pet to stay.
- All linen and towels provided
- Wifi throughout
- Washing machine and dryer
- Parking for 2 cars
Location and Things to Do
Nearest Airport: Southampton International Airport
Nearest Railways: Lymington
Local Attractions: Just a short walk is Hurst Castle, accessed via a lovely coastal walk. It's certainly worth the effort with breathtaking views of The Needles across the Solent on the Isle of Wight. The local area is comprised of mainly the New Forest National Park, which boasts splendid walks and riding routes, interspersed with picturesque country villages.
Ferry services to the nearby Isle of Wight are available from Lymington - just a short drive from the house.