Beautiful Grade II* 8 bedroom home in glorious 10 acre surroundings with tennis court, woodlands and hide and seek gardens!
Sleeps: 22 adults plus 3 children Bedrooms: 8
At a Glance
- Set in 10 acres
- All-weather tennis court
- Table tennis
- Fabulous gardens - ideal for croquet
- 8 large bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms plus downstairs cloak room
- Dining room for up to 18 guests
- Drawing room
- Huge Music/Games/2nd drawing room
- Live-in kitchen with dining table
This fascinating and important Grade 2* country residence was originally conceived by the well-known "Arts and Crafts" architect Earnest Gimson in 1908.
Nestling just below Stinchcombe Hill, this beautiful family home enjoys an elevated but sheltered position. It stands proudly in its own grounds of about ten acres and enjoys extensive and impressive views to the south over the Severn Vale and to the west the distant Black Mountains.
Outside the sculptured hedges and intricate patterned lawns and terracing provide a most attractive foreground to the property as it stands in the middle. The gardens are ideal for children wanting to play hide in seek!
There are lovely walks surrounding the property in particular and hour circular walk through fabulous countryside and woodlands.
There is an all weather tennis court and a table tennis - and a small pool table in the Music room.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
With the provision of extra beds and 2 sofabeds the house can sleep up to 22 adults and 3 children.
- Master bedroom with super king size bed and bathroom with tub bath
- Bedroom 2: King size bed
- Bedroom 3: Twin bedroom with french style beds
- Bedroom 4: Double bed
- Bedroom 5: King bed
- Bedroom 6: Kind bed
- Bathroom 2: with bath & shower head
- Bathroom 3: with stylish modern shower
- Bathroom 4: with stylish modern shower
- Attic bedroom 1: with double bed and 3 single beds
- Attic bedroom 2: with double bed
There is also a downstairs cloakroom
Cooking and Dining
- Fully equipped kitchen (being modernised in June 2017)
- Rangemaster with induction hob, 2 fitted fridges and fridge freezer in Utility room
- Quooker hot tap
- 2 dishwashers
- Formal dining table that can seat 18
- All linen and towels provided
- Wifi throughout
- Washing machine and dryer
- The house has Sky Q on 3 TVs with full sky package and BT Sport.
- The sitting room TV is 4K (ultra high definition).
- No smoking anywhere inside the property
- Pets considered
- Gatherings of above 25 guests are not permitted at this property.
The owners are located conveniently yet discretely nearby in separate cottage.
Planning a celebration? Ask us about local caterers and suppliers to help make your stay truly memorable
Location and Things to Do
Dursley is about three miles distant and Wotton-under-Edge, about four miles, are both small, thriving south Gloucestershire former market towns and the larger centres of Gloucester, Cheltenham and Bristol are within easy distance. There is a good local train service from Dursley and fast inter-city rail services from Stroud, Gloucester and Bristol.
Nearest Airport: Bristol
Nearest Train Station: Cam and Dursley
Local Attractions: Cribbs Causeway Mall within 15 minutes away. Dursley is a historic market town.
Places to visit:
- Broughton Castle
- Compton Verney
- Stratford Upon Avon
- Longborough Opera
- Rousham House
- Hidcote Manor and Kifsgate Court Gardens
- Chastleton House
- Chatsford Arboretum
- Sezincote Estate
Things to do:
- Clay Pigeon Shooting
- Hot air ballooning
- Landrover trials
- Farm Park
- Cheltenham Races
- Explore Sudeley Castle and Gardens